Education and Honors
2008 - 2010 Master of Fine Arts, Painting, Western Connecticut State University, Danbury, CT
2009 W. Jason and Ellen Hancock Scholarship
2009 Rome Study Grant
2008 W.B. Conner Trust Scholarship
2009 Rome Art Program, Painting, Rome, Italy
2009 The Carole Robb Rome Scholarship
2008 The Chautauqua Institution, Painting Residency, Chautauqua, NY
2008 Chautauqua General Scholarship
2003 - 2004 Master of Arts, Painting and Drawing, Eastern Illinois University, Charleston, IL
2004 Talented Student Award
2003 Eastern Illinois University Full Tuition Award
1999 - 2003 Bachelor of Fine Arts, Painting, Bachelor of Arts, Spanish, Miami University, Oxford, OH
2003 Best Artwork of 2003, Inklings literary magazine
2003 Dean’s Scholar, Art Department Representative
2002 Marston D. Hodgin Scholarship, Painting
Upcoming One for One, Armstrong Gallery, Bridgeport, CT
2017 Small Works, Blue Mountain Gallery, New York, NY
2017 Selfie, Schelfhaudt Gallery, University of Bridgeport, Bridgeport, CT
2017 Focus Under Forty, Rowayton Arts Center, Rowayton, CT (First Place)
2016 100 at 100, Nest Arts Factory, Bridgeport, CT
2016 Artists Choose Artists, Read’s Artspace, Bridgeport, CT
2016 Alumni Art Exhibition, Western Connecticut State University, Danbury, CT
2016 All Mixed Up!, Armstrong Gallery, Bridgeport, CT
2016 THIRTY-FIVE: Jill Sarver & Sarah Stewart, Armstrong Gallery, Bridgeport, CT
2016 Femininus, Nest Arts Factory, Bridgeport, CT
2015 Pop Up!, Westport Arts Center, Westport, CT
2015 Small Works, Blue Mountain Gallery, New York, NY
2015 Westport Women Group Show, Westport Women’s League, Westport, CT
2015 100 @ 100: Off the Wall, Western Connecticut State University, Danbury, CT
2014 Wish You Were Here, A.I.R. Gallery, Brooklyn, NY
2013 Looking Forward: A Groundbreaking, Western Connecticut State University, Danbury, CT
2012-13 40 Under 40, Rowayton Arts Center, Rowayton, CT (award received 2013)
2012 Foodies, Westport Arts Center, Westport, CT
2011 Art for Clearwater, First Street Gallery, New York, NY
2011 An Eclectic Mix, Silo Gallery, New Milford, CT
2010 Past, Present, Future: Exhibition and Silent Auction, Silo Gallery, New Milford, CT
2010 Still Life Territory: A Juried Exhibition with Bob Lenz, Silo Gallery, New Milford, CT (awarded First Place)
2010 M.F.A. Thesis Exhibition, Blue Mountain Gallery, New York, NY
2010 M.F.A. Thesis Exhibition, Higgins Gallery, Danbury, CT
2009 Paintings of Western Connecticut State University, The Paul Gervais Gallery, Ridgefield, CT
2008 Feeding the Soul, S.P.A.G. Gallery, Norwalk, CT
2008 VACI Student Exhibition, The Chautauqua Institution, Chautauqua, NY
2006 Toledo Federation of Arts Society, The Leslie Adams Gallery, Toledo, OH
2006 Detroit/Toledo Exchange, Paint Creek Center of the Arts, Rochester, MI
2005- 06 Owens Community College Faculty Show, Walter E. Terhune Gallery, Toledo, OH
2004 Master of Arts Exhibition, Tarble Arts Center, Charleston, IL
2003 Sea Lion Group Exhibition, Sea Lion Studios, Bowling Green, OH
2003 B.F.A. Exhibition, Hiestand Lee Gallery, Oxford, OH
2003 Senior Capstone Exhibition, Hiestand East Gallery, Oxford, OH
2001- 02 Pye Competition, Miami University, Oxford, OH (scholarship recipient)
1999 University of Toledo Focus Show, Toledo Museum of Art, Toledo, OH
2016 – present Curator I Project Manager, Cynthia Byrnes Contemporary Art, Westport, CT
· Provide curation for commercial and residential spaces. Help collectors reach acquisition goals.
· Provide full service project management. Work with elevations and plans to determine spatial requirements.
· Manage commissions and site-specific installations. Coordinate site visits and client meetings.
· Maintain online database of 90+ emerging-to-established artists
2015 – present Honorary Visiting Professor, Rome Art Program, Rome, Italy
· Instruct undergraduate and graduate level art students in Masterclass of choice throughout Rome.
· Lead independent group critiques and final critiques with Artistic Director.
2011 – 2016 Visual Arts Manager, Westport Arts Center, Westport, CT
· Serve as primary arts administrator and gallery manager within an established contemporary arts center that exhibits both local and high profile contemporary artists; recently Chuck Close, Eric Fischl, Christo and Jeanne-Claude, and Edward Burtynsky.
· Assist Artistic Director to curate and facilitate exhibitions, programming, and community networking.
· Coordinate artwork installation, community outreach, and development of adult art education vital to meeting the needs of the Westport Arts Center mission.
· Conceptualize and design print and web materials for the gallery, including artist talks, VIP invitations, lecture series, exhibition and email announcements, and prospectuses for juried exhibitions.
· Maintain artist and exhibition database and archives, online blog, and online presence on Amazon Art.
· Handle all correspondence, artwork sales and handling, loans and consignments, insurance, and department budgeting.
· Serve as liaison between Artistic Director and artists and major collaborating galleries and lenders such as David Zwirner Gallery, Gagosian, Pace Prints, Sperone Westwater, Howard Greenberg Gallery, Michael Rosenfeld Gallery, and Hall Art Foundation.
2012 – 2016 Art Instructor, Darien Arts Center, Darien, CT
· Teach Drawing and Acrylic Painting courses to students, 10 – 15 years of age, using traditional and experimental practices.
2011 - 2012 Art Instructor, Art Institute of Pittsburgh, Online Division
· Taught online courses in Perspective to 15+ students. Demonstrated techniques while students transitioned from basic to complex drawings and compositions.
· Communicated and conducted critiques through written and video correspondence.
· Process and submitted weekly grades, managed attendance, and administered thorough feedback.
2010 Independent Contractor, Historical Perspectives, Inc., Westport, CT
· Photographed and documented historical sites in the Connecticut and surrounding New York areas.
· Conducted research on behalf of the archaeologists and created graphic illustrations of specific archaeological features.
2008 - 2010 Graduate Teaching Assistant, Western Connecticut State University, Danbury, CT
· Taught and assisted courses in 2-D Design, Color Theory, Painting, and Lithography.
2005 - 2006 Spanish Instructor, Alliance Academy of Toledo, Toledo, OH
· Worked with diverse, inner-city student population in grades 1 – 6 and 9 – 12.
· Developed Spanish curriculum, maintained grade book, created and administered exams.
· Engaged students in Spanish conversation, organized day trips to cultural events, participated in regular faculty training, and hosted parent-teacher conferences.
2004 - 2006 Adjunct Art Instructor and Curriculum Development Coordinator, Owens Community College, Toledo, OH
· Taught 2-D Design and Drawing Fundamentals.
· Created syllabi that formed to college standards, evaluated student work, conducted weekly critiques, and organized group visits to local museums and galleries.
· Incorporated color theory and figure drawing into curriculum.
· Educated students on use of various media and techniques. Implemented written assignments that reflected conceptual development and knowledge of art history.
· Participated annually in faculty exhibitions and assisted in the selection of work for student shows.
· Served as Curriculum Development Coordinator for 2-D Design course and as Advisor for Visual Arts Club.
2003 - 2004 Graduate Teaching Assistant / Primary Lab Instructor, Eastern Illinois University, Charleston, IL
· Independently taught Art Appreciation lab course. Developed syllabi to meet university standards.
· Developed evaluation methods, wrote and administered written exams, held individual and group critiques, and mediated challenging student situations.